Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Name Is Kristen and I Can Fetch Bacon

About 8 years ago, after our first boy child came into this world, the hubby and I made the decision for me to become a stay-at-home mama. Nowhere in the known universe is there a job that is as challenging and gratifying...I'm convinced of this, and no one can change my mind.

Anyway, now that my family is growing up and (*sniffle*) doesn't NEED me as much as they used to, I've gone back to work part-time. I'm hoping that it will lessen the burden on my LEW, who has NEVER once complained about being the sole fetcher of the bacon. I'm not a teacher as I always thought I knew I was meant to be. I'm working in a local, newly opened restaurant called Wienerville (laugh if you must, but I LOVE IT!!) as the Assistant Manager/Server.

I love it for so many reasons. Number one, I have a name! The name that was given to me on the day I arrived in this world is the name I'm known by. I'm not Mama or (insert offspring's name here)'s mom. I am me, Kristen and I will be taking care of you today.

Secondly, I actually get paid! No kidding. Honest to goodness money. Not buckets of it, but it's mine. I earned it..WAHOO!! I will be thrilled to cash my first check, which I was handed by my boss this evening who knows all too well how good it feels to get that first paycheck after years of working for hugs and kisses. I can't wait to hand that bank envelope to my husband and know that, for the first time in years, I, Kristen, have fetched some bacon, too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment